Structure Your Life Around Work


Structure your life around work, but not your days. Paradoxical as it may seem, the book “Rest” claims the most successful people in the world have proved this to be true. First, find your purpose. For me, my purpose is to find peace and help people find happiness and peace. This sounds like an endeavor with a light workload, but there is a lot that goes into it. Doing lots of different projects to help uplift others. Lots of research on the most efficient and effective ways to convey information. Tons of personal development. It is a very intellectual and emotional pursuit, activating both hemispheres of the brain. I spend a few hours a day reading, writing, working, and planning. The rest of my day is rest oriented. I do what brings me joy. The inputs in my life are calm beautiful music, insightful books, people who are good influences, and thinking about profound concepts. I love climbing. I love Practicing yoga postures. I love Playing chess. I love relating with people and things in my environment. These things all serve to relax and develop me because what I love is oriented with my life goals. The key is to love what you have to do. If you must do something, find how to love it. Through intelligent design, you structure your life so that the things you must do are the things you love and the things you love are the things you must do.

Balinese Ceremony. In Bali, the main form of devotion is bhakti yoga, or devotion through love and praise of God. Every action is geared towards expressing love for the underlying truth of reality, emptiness and unity.



References
  • Rest: Why you get more done when you work less: 
    • http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/rest-alex-soojung-kim-pang/1123562050?ean=9780465074877&st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_Core+Shopping+Books_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP62464

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection After Meeting Elliott Hulse!

The Mind Body Prescription

Yamas of the Yoga Sutras